Calling all musicians and composers in Valencia City, Bukidnon to join us as we celebrate the upcoming World Water Day 2022. All interested participants should comply all the needed requirements on or before March 28, 2022.
Who are qualified to join?
1. The contest is open to all residents of Valencia City, Bukidnon (amateur or professional). A contestant may be an individual or a group of musicians in collaboration.
2. All employees of VCWD and their relatives up to the fourth civil degree of consanguinity and/or affinity are not qualified to join the Competition.How to join?
1. The musical composition “Entry” must be an original work of the Contestant. The genre could be any of the following: pop, jazz, ballad, classical, blues, soul, rock or R & B. The Entry must be related to, reflective of or appropriate with the theme, “Groundwater: making the invisible visible.”
2. Lyrics of the song must be in English, Filipino or both. One or a combination of musical instruments may be used.
3. The song must not exceed four (4) minutes, inclusive of intro and outro. Entries must be submitted in full accompaniment version.
4. The song entry must not have been used in any previous competition, commissioned by a third party, or have been commercially released.
5. Words with registered trademarks/brand names, explicit and offensive lyrics are strictly prohibited.
6. All entries shall be considered final once submitted and cannot be modified or altered.
7. In the event that an entry is selected as finalist, VCWD shall have unlimited right, worldwide and in perpetuity, to use, re-arrange, and make improvements to the musical composition.
8. Deadline for submission of entries shall be on March 28, 2022.
9. All entries shall be judged according to the set criteria for judging below. The decision of the Board of Judges, across all stages of this competition, shall be final and unappealable.
10. The Top 3 Entries will be selected on March 29, 2022.
11. The Top 3 Entries shall be notified through phone call.
12. The Top 3 song entries will be posted on the official Facebook account of VCWD.
13. The awarding ceremony will be on March 31, 2022.
14. Winners will be awarded the following cash prize:
Grand Winner – Php 7,000.00
1st Runner-Up – Php 5,000.00
2nd Runner-Up – Php 3,000.00
SONG ENTRY MECHANICS:
1. Only one (1) entry per contestant/group shall be accepted.
2. Visit the VCWD Facebook page or VCWD website at https://vcwd.gov.ph/ for the mechanics, criteria for judging and application form.
3. Completely fill up the registration form(s) and submit this along with the following requirements:
a. Entry in “.mp3” format with vocals and full accompaniment
b. Typewritten lyrics in Microsoft Word Document
4. All entries shall be submitted at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Failure to comply with any of the above requirements shall be a ground for disqualification.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Originality of the Song (Lyrics) 30%Musicality
(Melody, Phrasing, Rhythm and Tempo) 30%
Creativity and Interpretation 25%
Overall song impact/ performance 15%